S-2 sleepers by Walthers

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 15 11:51:55 EDT 2022

Jim, thanks for the very useful info on these cars.
I model late 50's. (dictated by existence of Iaeger/Auville coaling station
which was completed in '56 I believe).  I would use these cars for
excursion trains that were in Auville in Nov 59 (I think ?)

*Will you please give us an educated guess on the following questions*
Approximately, when were S2's delivered?
Approximately, when were the S1's delivered and the S2's assigned to the
general pool?
(side question, why did S1s arrive after S2s - did they order more, or were
they maybe ordered at same time and S2's arrived earlier)
Approximately when were the S2's repainted in N&W tuscan red?

Mike Rector