hauling milk in NC in reefers with N&W reporting marks?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Aug 11 10:26:57 EDT 2021

Dave,

Indeed the N&W did have some reefers, or what the NWHS Archives calls
refrigerated boxcars.  Here is what is available in the archives:

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/listdocs/select.php?index=rs&id=3066

Here is a link to the Va Tech photo archive that shows two of the A-25 cars
in a different (probably original) number series.

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/search.php

These were class A-25, N&W 70000 - 70009; per the roster information I
have, all ten cars show in 1935 and 1936 (earliest info I have compiled);
they are off the roster as of July 1, 1937.

Quite the interesting find that at least two of these cars were in
service!  I have never been able to figure out what they were used for.  I
don't know if they made it to the Fruit Growers Express consortium.

Hope this helps.

Jim Brewer