scratchbuilding a tower

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 26 17:07:09 EDT 2020

On 3/26/2020 3:19 PM, NW Modeling List via NW-Modeling-List wrote:

> I have tried the angle chisel from Micromark on styrene and somehow I
> seem to always crack it at the corners.
Mike,
     What I do is draw the opening, then take a small drill and drill
around the inside so that it looks "perforated". Then the big chunk can
easily be cut out or you even be able to just push it out. Then I file
out to the line.
     After the big chunk is out, you should be able to use that Micro
Mark thingee without breaking the corners.

Jimmy Lisle