Bowser RS-3

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 3 12:24:36 EDT 2018

Ed's comments about the RS-3s reminded me about those models. I model the steam era, but it wouldn't be bad to have a few early diesels around in case I want to change eras - a variable height consist of RS-11s and RS-3s would have an interesting look.

I checked my saved emails for any discussion on RS-3s, but I have apparently removed them.  So my question is this: when were RS-3s delivered, and were they ever found on the Scioto Division - especially west of Portsmouth?

I recall there being a discussion about some of this, including paint color, but I didn't have the prescience to save the details. If the date range for the discussion is known, I can search the archives for the details.

Matt Goodman

Columbus Ohio US