Virginian hopper

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Apr 7 16:15:37 EDT 2018

Rick;  short answer...NO!
Unless they change the lettering, I believe it is supposed to represent a stack of hoppers at the PRR leased to the Virginian during WWII.  We do not know if they were ever relettered for the Virginian, and as far as we know they were returned before the end of the war which is why there are no pictures of them. I happen to be in West Virginia right now without my research material, but my recollection is that John teichmoller helped in the production of them but did admit that the lettering on the Virginian cars was pure guess work.  If you're at all interested one of our guys bought a dozen before we knew all this (they came in 12 numbers) and he probably will be very happy to unload them

Of course if there's better information out there, or if my memory is increasingly faulty, corrected information for supplementation is welcome.

Frank Bongiovanni

Sent from my iPad