Virginian hopper

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Apr 8 17:36:19 EDT 2018

During WWII, the Virginian leased H-21 hoppers from the PRR.  It is listed in the ORER as to the number series.  The scheme that Bowser is using is a fantasy scheme that was drawn up many years ago.  I have tried for years to get them to do what the VGN would have done and that was to paint out the PRR herald and the Pennsylvania in the reporting marks and paint the VGN in its place.  All of these cars were gone from the VGN by the end of the war.  Now here's something to think about.  If the VGN had done, which I suspect they did in just painting out the two specific items, then you could have had VGN hoppers with the slogan Coal Goes to War on them as well.
Larry Smith