J 602 booster engine

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Mar 13 20:32:39 EDT 2017

Eric:

I was a little surprised to see your negative reaction to Prof. Hay's text,
as I have found it to give a good treatment on locomotive performance
calculations.  I thought perhaps you might have been looking at his later
edition, which deleted most of the steam locomotive material.  That's the
1982 edition.  The 1953 edition that Dave Stephenson recommends is the one
to get if you are concentrating on steam power.  Having owned the 1982
edition for years,  I snapped up the first eBay listing of the 1953 edition
I saw when I needed more information for an analysis I was doing.  I
recommend both editions highly.

Regards,

Dave Phelps

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 9:01 PM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org