Tuscan color

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jul 14 20:42:21 EDT 2014

When painting a model I believe its rather relative. Outside the sun is
bright, under inside lights, it will be dark as mentioned. To make the
color stand out you may need to go up a shade or so.

You look at pics of steam engines and they are not full black when you
really view them, the sun, clouds, sky play tricks and you see shades of
dark grey, not a full black indescribable hunk of metal. I've taken a
Rivarrossi Cab Forward and painted it an off black greyish color and
weathered it, looks nice!

Its all subjective, someone on another email thread for Wabash is asking
similar questions, do some research, get it close, look good, and yer off.

oh, the Indiana Railroad painted some interurbans orange from whatever
they could find at the hardware store...

-Lynn-