Brass painting advice wanted

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 17 09:34:45 EDT 2011

And further to this this thread, once I priced the spray booths in MicroMark I also built my own. 5 pieces of scrap plywood as big as you want (maybe 12" deep by 12" high by 18" wide, mount a bathroom fan behind an furnace air filer, wire a switch to the fan and you're good to go. I also put an old lazy susan inside to rotate the parts as I paint 'em with an old gooseneck lamp to light it up.

Don't forget the respirator, industrial standard air mask. Latex gloves are also handy.

Ed Svitil
Norfolk & Western Railway