N at W Tuscan Red and Pevlar Blue

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Mar 14 15:16:03 EDT 2011

I'm sorry, I was using the spelling that was in a release from a Jim Gillum of the N&W Historical Society dated May,3 of 1998. The artical was entitled N&W Tuscan Red and Pevlar Blue Paints. But at that I have picked up another very interesting fact about the N&W and the historical background of why the name Pevler Blue. Sorry about the spelling of the paint's name. Mr. Pevler was the president of a great railroad that while many railroads have failed his vision was that of a railroad of the future and how much greater it was to become. I can understand when someone tries to model a particular engine from a certain period that from a historical significance and standpoint at least if not every detail is prototypical at least the spelling of the paint used is.

George Keller