N at W BLUE

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 26 18:33:33 EST 2011

Like N&W "Red", the topic no-one seems to agree on among the contributors to the modeling list discussions, N&W blue too is really confusing. There was much variation as to shade. Weathering, fading, dirt, what was painted over, new units that came in blue.......Regardless it did get lighter over time. I've always used Scalecoat and Scalecoat II, ATSF Blue. I like it. It matches the blue on my Oriental C-628's and C-630's and is close to the blue on Athearn or Atlas N&W locomotives or cab models. If you look at pictures N&W e2uipment painted in "Pevler/Wabash" blue there are lots of variations.

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA living in Russellville, AR.