N at W BLUE

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Feb 27 08:17:27 EST 2011

I agree with Ed on the Scale Coat ATSF Blue.
All the custom painter I know use it as it matches best with most models
produced.
Stephen Rineair

Subject: RE: N at W BLUE

Like N&W "Red", the topic no-one seems to agree on among the contributors to
the modeling list discussions, N&W blue too is really confusing. There was
much variation as to shade. Weathering, fading, dirt, what was painted
over, new units that came in blue.......Regardless it did get lighter over
time. I've always used Scalecoat and Scalecoat II, ATSF Blue. I like it.
It matches the blue on my Oriental C-628's and C-630's and is close to the
blue on Athearn or Atlas N&W locomotives or cab models. If you look at
pictures N&W e2uipment painted in "Pevler/Wabash" blue there are lots of
variations.

Ed Painter - Narrows, VA living in Russellville, AR.

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org