A general question to the entire group

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Oct 26 19:47:01 EDT 2010

Another option I have not seen mentioned yet is to buy decorated models and
change the road numbers. There are a number of techniques for removing the
factory numbers, but since you are dealing with black hoppers, you can
simply decal over the numbers with black trimfilm and then renumber.

Also, check regularly with your local hobby shop to see if they have any
used hoppers that you can paint, renumber, or even leave as-is if they are
from an earlier run of cars you missed. This can be an inexpensive way to
build up your fleet, especially if you happen upon a large collection.

Marty Flick