Exact Dates of Emblems

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Dec 16 09:54:07 EST 2009

Just a suggestion... there are a few very thorough, and very enjoyable books you can get from the Society's Commissary that would greatly benefit you, if you do not already have them. The newest release of the Warden book on the Y-Class mallet's has a lot of pictures from the Pocahontas Division and is a reasonably priced. They range from $20-$70+.
For a modeler, I'd suggest the first four books.
I'd suggest the last 3 for a real feel for the people who build and operated the railroad.

N&W Y Class Articulated Steam Locomotives
N&W In Color Volume 1
Norfolk and Western: Diesel's Last Conquest
Norfolk & Western, Steam's Last Stand
N&W Steam in Color
Memories of N&W Powerby Paul Carleton
The "A" (Revised Edition)
he Norfolk & Western - A History

Please don't take this as a sales solicitation for the Society. Look on ebay and the net or go to the commissary and support the group. I just want to share that these books have proven invaluable over the years to someone who was not around during steam, and has to rely on the info that is in print and on the net. Good luck, and show us some pics of your layout as you progress.

Mike Rector