Exact Dates of Emblems

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 15 21:20:19 EST 2009

Logan:

The "half moon" herald, which is what I heard employees refer to it
as, not the "hamburger" herald, was strictly a diesel era piece first
coming into use circa 1964-65. It was seen in its early incarnations
with tuscan red passenger units, but it was not a long lived usage.
The Pevler blue came in 1965. The script herald was in use in the late
steam era, 1957-1960. Steam with the half moon, no, not in real life,
but it is your railroad. Do what you like.

Ken Miller