Walthers PS 10-6 Sleeper

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 9 11:04:35 EST 2009

Larry,

The way Walthers does their passenger cars is to produce them lettered but not numbered (or named in the case of sleepers) so that only one painted car can represent 1 or more cars of a series. They provide appropriate decal sheets with correct numbers and names for the modeler to install. While it would be nice to have the cars truly RTR I think this would be helpful getting cars produced as compared to Rapido that completely letters their cars. They need to have a large inventory of models and I'm sure they can get "stuck" with certain numbers.

I think Walthers is missing the boat by not doing the N&W or L&N cars. I'm sure the RF&P is a more modeled road than N&W though! LOL Perhaps they do intend to do the cars but don't want to say at this time. That does happen. Then again, the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing. Walthers seems to experience that problem from time to time.

This might be a good car for the Society to have done, especially if they provide it as un-named with a decal sheet. Like I and others have said.....we'd buy them.

Roger Huber