Reservations about reservations, was Re: Precision Craft CF Cabooses

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jun 18 08:27:13 EDT 2009

I certainly understand the importance of reservations from the
manufacturer's standpoint. However, I have some reservations about
forking over cash before I see the product in question. Before I go
spend several hundred dollars (which is still a lot of money to me), I
want to know that the model is worth it, what the construction and
detail quality is, and hopefully see a review by a competent and
impartial (are you listening, Bachmann?) reviewer.

So, companies that ask me to drop a couple hundred bucks in the pot in
hopes of getting what they promised will have to look elsewhere for the
funds. IF they make a good product and IF it reasonably priced and IF
it is something I need and IF I have the money, then and only them will
they get my money.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit. I mean, c'mon! Did Athearn require
advance payment on models? Varney? English? Bowser?

Ken Rickman

Kenneth Rickman - krickman1 at carolina.rr.com
Salisbury, NC

"Once admit that human life can be guided by reason, and all possibility
of life is annihilated" - Leo Tolstoy