HO scale 2-10-2 information needed

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Apr 14 12:53:34 EDT 2009

The problem with any of those modifications is that they use plastic
drivers, which aren't practical for re-quartering. I have several 2-10-0
Bowser I1's and 2 of their "USRA" 2-10-2's. My dad has 2 of the Spectrum
2-10-2's in southern markings, which work fine. None would be practical
for modifications to M's of any species. You might be able to modify Bowser
valve gear, as I have in a one-of -a-kind M2c experiment, but the plastic
drivers are too fragile for such rebuilding.

Mark Lindsey
Stuck in the 1930's