GP9s?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon May 19 21:09:15 EDT 2008

I hesitate to add this but I have two Athearn/Bev-Bel Gp-9s Labeled#1502, Norfolk & Western #507 powered and #2502 Dummy N&W#513 (MAROON/YELLOW LETTERING) purchased from M.B. Klein in the late 80's. You may not want to consider these as true Redbirds but it has been done (or at least attempted).
Wally Edwards
Augusta, Ga.

>>> NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> 05/19/08 5:58 PM >>>

I believe you can get a fairly accurate N&W Redbird by using the frame/chassis from a Proto 2000 GP-20 and the hoods and cab for the Proto 2000 GP-9. Of course, you still have to paint and decal the finished product, which adds to the fun of building an accurate model.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD