NW-Modeling-List Digest, Vol 52, Issue 14

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue May 20 21:10:09 EDT 2008

Ed

In the past thirty years (really thirty) the late George Hughes and I
finished three different generations of Redbirds.

The first was based on Athearns because that was all there was.

The second was based on a Front Range GP-9 which was Quantum step
forward with a scale width hood.

The third was a Life-Like GP-18 which was great base for the second
order of Redbirds. 507 and up had single 48" fans front and rear.

We were trying at one time to corner the market for Tyco GP-20 fuel tanks.

Stoney
N&WHS #1
(Rick C. Stone)