Tuscan Red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 25 15:54:46 EST 2008

My thanks to Richard Shell for his listing of manufacturers paint codes that
apply to the N&W.

Steve, I suspect that the metal flake in HO will be a problem for you, too.
But, I think you should try a coating of clear over your selection of Tuscan
Red as part of your sampling process. This may be sufficient to give the
'depth' that metal flake paint always has- cuz it's a base coat, under
color-bearing coat, metal flake coat and a clear coat. ( or at least three
coats)

Recall that Jim Eudaly has published articles about the eye's perception on
small scale and how that means HO is better painted in a color lighter than
the actual used. Otherwise the model appears too dark.

Good Luck

Gary Rolih

Secretary N&WHS

_____