Tuscan Red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 25 16:12:46 EST 2008

Thanks Gary, good point! !

Stephen

----- Original Message -----
From: NW Modeling List
To: 'NW Modeling List'
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 3:54 PM
Subject: RE: Tuscan Red

My thanks to Richard Shell for his listing of manufacturers paint codes that apply to the N&W.

Steve, I suspect that the metal flake in HO will be a problem for you, too. But, I think you should try a coating of clear over your selection of Tuscan Red as part of your sampling process. This may be sufficient to give the 'depth' that metal flake paint always has- cuz it's a base coat, under color-bearing coat, metal flake coat and a clear coat. ( or at least three coats)

Recall that Jim Eudaly has published articles about the eye's perception on small scale and how that means HO is better painted in a color lighter than the actual used. Otherwise the model appears too dark.

Good Luck

Gary Rolih

Secretary N&WHS

NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org