Red Bird Red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jan 24 21:03:23 EST 2008

Here is a list of N&W colors taken from various painting diagrams and
blueprints.

1776 Blue Poly...
Dupont 826, 24160U
1776 Red
Dupont 29198U
1776 White
Dupont 508U
1776 Yellow
Dupont 54701U
Tuscan Red
OEM: 2S MFG:FRD/1977/LINK DELSTAR: DAR2831X H -DARK RED ACRYLIC ENAMEL (NO
METALIC)
Pevler Blue
OEM: 708A MFG: GM/1959/TRK DELSTAR: DAR12232 BLUE ACRYLIC ENAMEL
Pevler Blue
Model Master BLUE ANGEL BLUE is supposed to be a good match - have not
verified.

I have these mixed at a local auto paint store in quarts from time to time
as I need them. On the Tuscan Red we leave the metallic out as it causes a pink
cast on the small models. You will note that the Pevler Blue is also a match
for a 1959 GM Pickup Truck and the red is a match for a 1977 Lincoln. When I
had the blue mixed the last time, the employee mentioned that computer
listed the color as N&W Blue... How cool is that?

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
ShellScale Decals

48)