N&W Colors

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jan 24 11:28:02 EST 2008

If you go back and look at past emails, I reported a while back that The State Historic Library Division of the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency has a set of Pullman Company Drift Control Color Cards. They supposedly contain the following colors:

Norfolk & Western Roof Brown #70-96 (described as darker than IC Brown #70-28)
Norfolk & Western Tuscan Red # 70-91 (described as lighter than PRR Tuscan Red # 70-18)
Norfolk & Western Blue # 70-133 (described as redder than MoPac blue # 70-132)

I stated then if someone contacted them officially on behalf of the society we may possibly be able to get a copy. The response was to downplay the need to identify correct colors!

Rodney