TRAIN ROOM LIGHTING

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 5 19:23:45 EST 2008

The lights with the "new cork screw are no different than tubes (confirmed by the GE chemist in Cleveland, OH). The greatest advantage to the natural lights is they are dimmable, so you can save electricity and set different "moods - times of day in the room". I have not even discussed the cleanup procedure if you break a fluorescent bulb as it a hazardous material involving gloves, dust mask, and proper disposal (as some states it is illegal to but fluorescent bulbs in the local trash/landfill because of the mercury they contain).

Stephen Rineair