TRAIN ROOM LIGHTING

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jan 6 10:26:11 EST 2008

I also switched out my incandescent bulbs to the fluorescent bulbs.
They are so much more energy efficient especially if you're using a
lot of them (about 5x times more so). But, I used the cork screw types
that are encased in bulbs that look like incandescent spot lights
since I have track lighting. I didn't like the "bare" cork screw bulbs
because the light is too intense and hard to look at if your ceiling
is low or when you look at them more directly even from a distance.
The encased ones are pretty much like the spots or floods. For what
it's worth, George Sellios recommends a combination of florescent
tubes and incandescent bulbs which provides a somewhat softer light
than just fluorescents and a whiter light than just incandescent
alone. In other words, more like daylight. Hope this is helpful.

J. Zaret