N&W Pass Red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Feb 5 23:08:25 EST 2007

FWIW, I've been impressed through the years with the quality of the N&WHS's
offerings, be they conventions or the products offered through the Arrow.
Considering there's a payroll of zero, the quality's a lot better & more
consistent than what I get from a lot of companies that snare my hard-earned
cash regularly. Izzit perfect, no, but what is?
Heck, how many manufacturers would even listen or take advice? I've seen
their glassy-eyed stare at trade shows when you blather on about differences
between, say, a Y6 and a Y6b. "You pay your money, you take your chances"
comes to mind.
Still, I'm glad at least some do lean on the society's expertise.
I remember offering to measure the Y6a that lives a few miles from my house
and transmit the measurements to PCM. They said thanx, but no thanx. You
can't get more accurate than the prototype, I thought at the time.
Still, I'm glad they made a Y6b, on balance.
An1d, when I've sprayed N&W red, it's a homebrew mix concocted in my
basement that, yes, has varied a lot through the years as I learn more.
Lastly, Lord knows this hobby has its share of crotchety characters; kind of
goes with the territory. Heck, I'm probably one of 'em. As our numbers
dwindle, though, I've noticed that there seems to be more of a charm
offensive in some quarters. Maybe that'll see us through another generation
of converts.
My $.02
Happy modeling.
Andre Jackson
Life is short; update your anti-virus software