N&W Pass Red.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jan 23 20:01:52 EST 2007

Gary,

I've mixed acrylic paints before (Pactra when it was available), but the
latest one I thought worked out reasonably well was a gloss black basecoat
with a topcoat of Polly Scale acrylic Lehigh Valley Cornell Red. After
completely dry, I use glosscote over the top to give it a glossy finish. It
worked well for me and seemed to closely match other cars that I painted
with a mix of paints no longer available. I've used those for NW excursion
models and NS business cars. I can't vouch for color accuracy other than it
seems to match other models I've seen and works for me compared to various
photos I've seen. I'm sure there are 1000 other answers to this question.

Phil Miller