N&W Pass Red.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jan 23 17:02:11 EST 2007

The color discussions always intrigue me. As a professional automotive
painter for nearly thirty years I can tell you that in my experience, even the
major automotive manufacturers that spend hundreds of millions of dollars on
their painting process every year, can't paint two things the same color.
A photograph is certainly not guide to the "exact" color. I have two
photos of the same N&W passenger car that are totally different colors. If you
examine the photos you find that they are both the same exact photo, but they
vary wildly in color.
My theory has always been, find the one that looks right to you and run
with it. You have just as much chance at having the "correct" color as
anyone.
I'll get off my soapbox now. Doug Langlitz