"Buchanan" and "Lowry"

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jan 2 22:49:35 EST 2007

Help!

Today I seized the opportunity to purchase a custom-painted AHM 12-1 sleeper
that had been done in N&W colors and lettered "Buchanan", which was of
course indeed a 12-1. However, the model has been lettered "Norfolk and Western"
with small "Pullman" near the vestibule doors. The best information I can
find seems to indicate that "Buchanan," although painted in N&W colors, always
retained "Pullman" on the letterboard.

In contrast, "Lowry," otherwise similar, WAS lettered like the model I
bought.

Changing "Buchanan" to "Lowry" is not that big a deal, but if "Buchanan" did
get "Norfolk and Western" lettering at some point, I get saved some effort.
(The painting and lettering were well done. I don't know who did it but he
[or she] is to be commended.)

Yes, I know the AHM trucks aren't right and I really ought to add air
conditioning ducts, but, hey, one crisis at a time!

Dave Phelps