Fitting speakers in the PCM Y6b

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 3 09:40:12 EST 2007

I used a pair of 1" Kobitone speakers (courtesy of Soundtraxx) and fitted
them in the Soundtraxx 1" enclosure. They're narrow enough in diameter to
fit in the PCM tender casting, although I had to modify (cut) the plastic
top holder to accommodate the enclosures. Sealed them in with black caulk
slathered between the side of the enclosure and the tender speaker well
sides. Looks ugly but sounds great (at least once I swapped out the
malfunctioning engine for another I had).
Still haven't figured out the right CV setting to synch the drivers. I'm not
quite ready to slap on a driver cam ... yet.

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software