Fwd: [SMRF] N&W H2a Hopper

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon May 8 22:03:20 EDT 2006

Can't give you anything on the H2's; but I do have a copy of the diagram
issued by the C&O mechanical department, dated 4-9-71, listing the
ex-N&W and ex-Vgn 2 bay cars which were leased by B&O at that time.
Almost 1,700 cars total, but no way to tell how many were ex-N&W. Looks
like the N&W cars were mostly H9's. The note says the cars were leased
from Ortner and from M.D.Friedman 1968-70. I assume those are the
initial dates of the leases. B&O gave them all the same class - H-5.
Jim Nichols