Fwd: [SMRF] N&W H2a Hopper

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon May 8 01:50:21 EDT 2006

>Sender: Southeastern Model Railroaders Forum

><SMRF at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU>

>From: Derek Wimberly <appieroad at mindspring.com>

>Subject: [SMRF] N&W H2a Hopper

>To: SMRF at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

>To All,

>When did N&W lease some of there H2a hoppers to B&O? And upon there return

>how long did they start to repaint them back into N&W colors?

>thanks

>Derek

Folks,

I am forwarding the question of a member of the Southeastern Model
Railroaders Forum. I responded that the N&W did not lease any H2a
hoppers to the B&O, but possibly did lease H3
hoppers. Unfortunately, I don't have any further information on the
H3 lease. Dow mentions preliminary discussion on a lease of H3
hoppers in the early 1940s, but states that it fell through.

I am sure someone on this list has a more complete answer to Derek's
question than I gave him. You can answer directly to him, or to this
list and I will forward the information to him. Please do post the
answer to this list, though, as I am just as curious as Derek is now. Thanks.

Kert Peterson
Fircrest, WA

Modeling the Norfolk and Western Ry in 1951,
when Precision Transportation was still steam powered!