Bowser to DCC was Re: Rivarossi Y6b question

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Feb 20 13:36:59 EST 2006

I have also had great luck with swapping the Bowser motor for a "Helix
Humper" or similar repower system. THOSE motors can allow you to actually
scotch tape the decoder inside a tender and run one power wire to the engine
frame and one to the tender frame and then to the motor. I've done this on
a Bowser PRR 2-10-0 as a demo for George Hughes. I guess he still has it!?

The J refit also allows you to fix the cylinders and valve gear and add
spoked wheels for that "as delivered" look. I used the Bachman trailer
truck because the one provided by Bowser was incorrect. The now empty
plastic J body allows you to pack it with Lead wheel weights!

Mark Lindsey