N&W Alco T-6 Modeling Problem

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Apr 20 13:15:35 EDT 2005

Dave,

On the t-6 that Mark Trinka made for me (it did win first place in diesel at
an earlier convention) Mark used an Atlas S-2 drive and cut off the journals
and glued the roller bearing journals back on.

My father/son team has just finished a wonderfull T-6, they used an ALco
models t-6 with parts of an Atlas S-4 on a new fabricated frame. The new
unit runs absolutly great and with the Alco soundtraxx unit it soulnds as
good as it runs. It still has the friction bearings on it but will soon be
corrected the way Mark Trinka did. I do believe we used the journal covers
off of an Atlas RS-3 that hit the floor!!!

they are now working on another basket case brass T-6 for the Pokey.

As for Mark Trinka's unit well,,, the railcommand decoder brunt it up real
good, but my team is working on getting it back into service.

Mike ritschdorff and crew