Last 5 A's

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Jan 28 05:48:41 EST 2005

> For the retro fit kit (BLI A to last 5 type) idea there where 3 other
> interested people other than me:
> Nigel Misso
> Rick Morrison
> Mike Rector
> I am sure alot of other people would come out of the woodwork if this kit got
> produced.  What would be the next step in trying to get this made?  What could
> the club do? Anybody like to make any comments? I don't have freinds /
> contacts at any of these companies, I a sure someone out there does?
>
> Thanks for any help, comments, or suggestions.
> John Rhodes

Bowser is a PRR fan, NOT too much of an N&W fan.  Several years ago, they
offered the wide ³J² siderods  in cast pewter to go with their refit kit.
They were discontinued sooner than I could get more.  They would have been
great for a kitbash of the A starting with a Bowser Challenger.  I also
don¹t know I Bowser would be able to produce precision siderods for
something they did not engineer themselves.  In my experience, Bowser takes
FOREVER to correct scale issues.  Take for example the time it took from
initial release of their I-1 2-10-0 and the corrected boiler & cylinders.

Just my $0.02...

Mark Lindsey