J 611 Tender Trucks

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 26 20:56:28 EST 2005

Not only the trucks of the 611-613 were different from that of the other
J's, but the tender bodies were as well. (modeling the last production of
A's and Y6b's-the flat deck on my Y6b 2194 stuffed model I was very
relieved to find correct-and that was in 1999 before I knew of the
differences in the N&W production tenders) That is why I am wishing for a
replacement for my Bachmann 611's tender: so it would more properly reflect
the tender used behind that engine. As for the trucks, I will have to look
at them more closely (the next time I go to Roanoke, whenever that will be,
since I cannot drive) so I can determine what would be needed with the
trucks on my model.
Lois J. Ponton
N&W Williamson WV Yard and Engine Terminal