Decals Sets

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 13 21:18:57 EST 2004

ALL
Bill M. also took the risk of producing some excellent VGN boxcar and two bay
hopper decals in Ga 1 for us 1:32 live steam folks.  They make O scale decal
sets look inexpensive.  Maybe he will do some N&W decals too, especially if we
[1:32] ever get a "real" N&W hopper.
>From personal experience; if you want the decals made by a professional [like
Bill] help him get the proper information and most important... put your money
where your mouth is and agree to purchase a bunch of sets up front so he is
not
assuming 100% of the financial risk.  It helps get these projects done.  You
can be part of the problem or part of the solution.  As I said while in
uniform... "lead, follow, or get out of the way."
Jim Stapleton
IE & W Ry Purcellville VA
===========
At 04:47 AM 12/13/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm in the business of producing decal sets.  I'm able to start from
>prototype photos (not my favorite approach) or lettering diagrams (much
>easier) and produce dead on decals.  I never have too many projects
>where I have enough information.  For example, I've got one project
>stopped dead because I don't have a picture of the other side of a truck
>with a diagonal on it.  (Which way does the diagonal go on the other
>side?  I don't know.  Some people "think" they know, but I'm not willing
>to bet my money on their think.)  O-scale?  I pay for decals by area, so
>those sets are very expensive to produce.  And while N-scalers (God love
>'em) by my sets in bunches, O-scalers want one decal.  Hard to break
>even that way.
>
>Bill Mosteller
>Great Decals!
><http://www.greatdecals.com/>www.greatdecals.com