Custom Painting a Brass Locomotive

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Nov 20 00:45:56 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/20/2004 12:05:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org writes:

Modelers,

I have a brass (N&W) locomotive that I would like  to have custom painted.
Since I have a large investment in this model, I'd  like to ask your advice
as to how I should handle the transaction. I guess  my first problem is that
I do not personally know any custom painters and  therefore I don't know who
I can trust.

Any problems you had that I  can learn from?
Any suggestions are welcome, maybe even  recommendations.

Thanks,
Dave Willis
N&W Steam Era 1940 ->  1950's.

Dave,
I use a fellow down in Maryland. I am in New Jersey. A friend  of mine who
live in Pennsylvania handle the movement of the engine and money  back and forth
because he operates near him about twice a month. I don't have  his card
handy but if you email _vpistilli at comcast.net_ (mailto:vpistilli at comcast.net)  My
friend Val  can introduce you. I do a lot of brass refurbishing, remotering
and DCC  conversions. I however know my limitations! LOL I sent a Pennsy engine
to him  for a Doctor I do work for and Doc was very happy! He is not cheap but
you do  get what you pay for! He installed engineer and fireman. added wind
laces and  many other subtle additions plus painted and weathered it. All of my
N&W  stuff will be going to him after I get done with the expense of the
current  layout construction I am doing!
Ray Russell
NMRA-40609
"Norfolk & Western Railroad"   "Pocahontas Division"  "Circa 1958"
Visit The "NEW" Pocahontas  Website at:
_http://www.nandw-pocahontas-division.net/_ (http://members.aol.com/rruss45826/public_html/index.html)