signal brackets

Thu Mar 28 14:22:21 EDT 2024

Jim, signals are my kryptonite. Most of you have forgotten more than I will
ever know about them.  But, I believe this pic is of the same type?   **I'd
love to see someone do some sort of presentation and interactive
gotomeeting-style meeting for the society to help understand them better.*
Mike Rector

N&W 2177 2-8-8-2 Y6b Class with eastbound coal train crossing US 52 and
rolling through Iaeger business district
Iaeger, WV, April 1959
William G. Gordon Photo

[image: image.png]
*I believe this is accurate, as the mountains seem to align for both
pictures. *
Looking east, US 52 is now an overpass, and the signals have been replaced
(I think 52 may have shifted a little when they built the overpass, because
the curve in the track is not in the same place in relation to the road)
The station was on the right (south) side of the tracks
[image: image.png]
This is a 1903 map showing a proposed tunnel at upper left to reduce the
curve of the mainline. You can see US 52 where the bottom tunnel entrance
was proposed.
[image: image.png]