signal brackets

Wed Mar 27 20:51:56 EDT 2024

Matt:

The Columbus District had two stretches of single track:

Omega to Lunbeck: N642-N652
Chillicothe to Scioto: N656-N657

Both stretches WERE double track in the N&W days...but were cut back as the
years progressed. Similar to the changes we saw over on the C&O Northern
which went from double track to single track.

Also of note, the interlocking at Chillicothe once protected the N&W/B&O
diamond and originally (pre traffic control/bi directional signalling) was
a mast dwarf combination. So, the much discussed bracket post was a
"recent" installation.

Eric