Five Retarder Yards on the N&W - One at Bluefield ?

Fri Jan 12 09:26:08 EST 2024

To who ever asked;

On 1/11/2024 11:54 AM, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List wrote:
> Jimmy Lisle -- do you recall if there were derails at the east end of
> east yard ?

     Bluefield yard was not my normal bailiwick. In my younger days, I
went there when asked (needing the pay), but, I tried to avoid it after
my first couple of trips. So, what I remember is not a lot and for good
reason. But, to answer your question. It would only make sense that
there were derails at the east end of Bluefield yard and that they were
probably dispatcher controlled.

Jimmy Lisle