Railroad Electrification Question

Fri Jan 12 21:18:37 EST 2024

Thanks to Ed King, Larry Stone and John Rhodes for responding to my question about railroad electrification and moveable bridges.

Bill King
Arlington, Virginia

  I have a question about railroad electrification that I am almost certain was never an issue on the Norfolk and Western or the Virginian (but was probably encountered on the Pennsylvania Rail Road).  Hopefully, some one will know the answer or can direct me a source.
How was power supplied to electric locomotives that crossed moveable bridges such as draw bridges, swing spans or lift bridges?
Bill KingArlington, Virginia  ________________________________________