West Jefferson coal dealer

Fri Oct 2 10:35:33 EDT 2020

Paul ... a photo in the Archives (see attached) shows an Interstate hopper
parked on the station siding ... this is where a coal dealer unloaded using
a conveyor.  There is a small paperback book about the line that shows a
high side gon in WJ on a curved siding, parked next to a building.  It's
possible that car was a coal load for another dealer.  That curved siding
shows in another Archives photo (attached).

The non-Archives photo attached comes from digitalforsyth.org folder and
shows the coal dealer's conveyor location with the covered pit.  Notices
that timber wall.

The station was on the opposite side of the water tank which, I think,
answers your question re: Jefferson Ave.

Jim King
http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/