Foreign Interlockings

Wed Sep 28 19:30:19 EDT 2016

On 9/27/2016 8:04 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> Thanks to all who have responded to my inquiry about the 20
> interlockings on the N&W back in 1930 which were owned by other
> roads.  Here is the updated list:
>
> 1. Lynchburg C&O
>
> 2.St. Paul  CC&O
>
> 3.Clare PRR
>
> 4.Bannon NYC
>
> 5.Ironton DT&I
>
> 6.Walnut St  VGN
>
> 7.Hager PRR
>
> 8.Loch Laird  C&O
>
> 9.South Norfolk  VGN
>
> 10.Petersburg ACL
>
> 11.Riverton SOU
>
> 12.Charlestown B&O
>
> 13.Norcross VGN
>
> 14.Glasgow ?  Can you help us Mason?  And for the next two?
>
> 15.Winston Salem   SOU?
>
> 16.Winston-Salem WSSB?
>
> I need at least 4 more.
>
> Glenn Fisher
>
> Cornwall PA

I have no idea who "controlled" the crossings in Tidewater but according
to my map(s) , N&W crossed the Beltline  at Beltline Crossing in south
Norfolk, the Virginian at South Norfolk, Norfolk Southern at NS
Junction, and PRR, Beltline  and NS near  Lovett Avenue  where the line
to terminal station branched off.

Jim McDaniel