Foreign Interlockings

Wed Sep 28 13:57:08 EDT 2016

The crossing at Valley, Ohio was jointly owned by the N&W and Hocking Valley
(C&O0 RR. N&W owned 68.85% and the Hocking Valley owned 31.15%

The crossing at Glen Jean, Ohio was jointly owned by the N&W and DT&I. N&W
owned 66.67% and the DT&I owned 33.33%.

N&W built a new signal tower at Bannon in the 1930/1931 time period under PA
2371 which might bring into question whether or not NYC owned the
interlocking at Bannon in 1930.

N&W built a new signal tower in Ironton in 1911 west of the passenger
station to control the crossing with the DT&I.

I expect the B&O owned the interlocking at Chillicothe, Ohio

Alex Schust

NW Mailing List