Just Where is "Buford's Gap" ?
NW Mailing List
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Sat Feb 27 10:02:05 EST 2016
> Wasn't Montvale called Buford (maybe after Buford's Tavern or Buford's
> in the early 1800's?
Yes, Buford was the original name of the village now known as Montvale.
Here is a section of the 1891 Bedford topo map that shows Buford, Blue
Ridge Springs, the gap, and two branch lines to mines in the area.
Bruce in Blacksburg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NW-Mailing-List