Name for line to Bristol

Mon Apr 6 09:40:26 EDT 2015

Just look at the employee timetables from ........... say ....... the
1940's or thereabouts. As Ed King has reminded us, the original Virginia &
Tennessee was opened in the latter 1850's and wasn't united with the
Norfolk & Petersburg and South Side railroads until around 1870 as the
Atlantic, Mississippi & Ohio RR. That in turn went into receivership in
1876 and when it came out of receivership in 1881, ........... well, the
rest is history.

But as I seem to remember, it's all part of Radford Division, but I shall
stand corrected by one more learned than I.

Bob Cohen