Y6 Builders Plates

Tue Aug 13 16:35:14 EDT 2013

To whomever is looking for "drawings" of the builders plates;

I'm sure others can chime in on this but I don't think there are any
drawing per se of the builders plates.

A couple or three decades back someone made castings of a builders plate or
more and these subsequently hit the collectors market and have been sold as
both reproductions and as real. The attached links should shed some light
on N&W specific plates, but as with anything; Caveat Emptor!

Just the other week on the Bay, a set of J Class plates and a Y6 plate sold
for very high prices. Over $300 for each auction.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone at this point willing to cast
anything specific to one engine.

http://www.railroadiana.org/fakes/pgFakes_BP_nw.php

http://www.railroadiana.org/fakes/pgFakes_BP_nw2.php

Jeff Lisowski