Y6 Builders Plates

Tue Aug 13 18:44:53 EDT 2013

Jeff - Thanks for posting the links to the railroadiana site for the photos. I should have done that myself. Now everyone can see our concerns with these plates. I have had collectors get angry with me when I tell them their plate is a reproduction. They come to me and ask for my opinion and then they do not like it when I tell them.

Ron

Ronald J. Muldowney
52 Dunkard Church Road
Stockton, N.J. 08559-1405
609-397-0293
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:35 PM
Subject: RE: Y6 Builders Plates

To whomever is looking for "drawings" of the builders plates;

I'm sure others can chime in on this but I don't think there are any drawing per se of the builders plates.

A couple or three decades back someone made castings of a builders plate or more and these subsequently hit the collectors market and have been sold as both reproductions and as real. The attached links should shed some light on N&W specific plates, but as with anything; Caveat Emptor!

Just the other week on the Bay, a set of J Class plates and a Y6 plate sold for very high prices. Over $300 for each auction.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone at this point willing to cast anything specific to one engine.

http://www.railroadiana.org/fakes/pgFakes_BP_nw.php

http://www.railroadiana.org/fakes/pgFakes_BP_nw2.php

Jeff Lisowski

--